This recipe is from one of my favorite cooking books- I Quit Sugar by, Sarah Wilson
There is NO sugar in this recipe! Well, I would never post a recipe that uses regular sugar, but this recipe doesn’t even contain non-refined/healthy sugar (a.k.a. raw honey, dates, coconut nectar, rice malt syrup, maple syrup)!
So, if you’re trying to curb your sweet cravings, but are ready for something sweet and comforting this recipe is definitely for you.
It does contain a good amount of coconut oil a.k.a. healthy fat so you will feel satisfied, energized and your blood sugar levels will become stabilized.
Not to mention, I believe these are perfect for holidays. Whether it’s Christmas, a birthday party, Valentine’s Day or Easter you can use a cookie cutter/decorations with these babies.
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp. aluminum free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. celtic/himalayan sea salt
- 120 g extra virgin coconut oil (or if you’re not dairy-free REAL butter will be great too)
- 1/3 cup powdered stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 356 F
- Line your baking tray with baking paper
- Pulse the almond meal, baking soda and salt briefly in a food processor
- Add the coconut oil, stevia and vanilla powder and blend a little more
- Scoop heaped Tbsp. of dough onto baking tray and press down with your hand to flatten
- Now, it’s time to decorate (if you want)
- Bake for about 8 min until golden .
- Cool on wire racks
Here you can see that I made kangaroo biscuits (with poppy seeds) for Australia Day when I was living over there!