Inspired by the Detoxinista!
Pic by the Detoxinista!
You can make these AMAZING, decadent Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars (which taste like a peanut buttery cookie cake/brownie) with raw honey, rice malt syrup and coconut nectar. It’s your choice all 3 are Optimal Beauty approved; however, I recommend coconut nectar. It tastes the best and has more nutrients than rice malt syrup (second favorite).
It’s super easy to whip up, too! They’re so moist and definitely don’t taste healthy. 😉
- 1 cup all natural, organic peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar (or raw honey/rice malt syrup)
- 1 organic, free range egg
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic/Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark, vegan chocolate chips (or homemade chocolate chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 176 C
- Mix everything together except chocolate chips
- Once everything is smooth and mixed well, fold in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into an 8″ greased (with coconut oil) pan
- Smooth the top with a spatula
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden
- Let cool, cut and enjoy!
Do you feel inspired to take control of your Optimal Beauty and health? Click below and claim your complimentary Optimal Beauty Assessment today! Valued at: $397, free for you today, beautiful.
I’ll admit, usually I’m not a big fan of cocoa powder. However, in an attempt to make my favorite dessert (chocolate ice cream) healthy, and make it so that my fiancé (really does not like dark chocolate aka cacao powder) would eat it with me allowed for this exception. I will defend this recipe to the end because it is THAT good and tastes EXACTLY like chocolate ice cream. We actually like to keep a bit in the freezer and tend to make double batches.
This recipe was originally from this website and it is probably the simplest thing to whip up- ever!
– 1 14 oz. can organic full-fat coconut milk
– 1/4 cup + 2- 3 Tbsp. organic cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup raw honey
(Yep, that’s it!)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Throw everything into the blender, blend away, taste test, pour into freezer-safe container then leave it in for 4-6 hours (or until hard).
– When you’re ready to enjoy it will be quite hard so let it sit for 10-15 min.
Let me know how it goes and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
This recipe is inspired by The Detoxinista. My mouth is watering just thinking of how delicious this recipe is! I made it back when I was in the states and completely forgot to post the recipe! But, at last, here it is…
It was originally made with blueberries, but I prefer it with an assortment of berries- for the flavor and health benefits. I think peach would be another delicious option if berries aren’t too readily available where you are.
This recipe will fill one 2-quart baking dish and was originally adapted from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook.
- 4 cups of berries/ fruit of your choice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse your berries/fruit well, then place them in the your 2-quart baking dish
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Mix almond flour with sea salt and baking soda in a large bowl, until well mixed. Stir in the unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Melt the coconut oil, in a small pan over low heat, then add the honey to just barely melt the honey enough to mix it in.
- Stir the melted mixture into the almond flour mixture until well-blended, then crumble the almond flour mixture over the berries.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until topping is golden brown.
That’s it. Let it cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy!!
This is such a delight! It feels sinful and absolutely isn’t. It consists of apple and banana lightly sautéed in organic extra virgin coconut oil with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Perfect on its own, in the morning as a side dish with your green smoothie, on top of your oatmeal or as a simply delicious snack.
What you will need:
1 Ripe banana
Coconut oil (organic and extra virgin is best)
Cinnamon (optional, but highly recommended!)
Method: (serves 2)
Chop up the apple and banana small enough so they are bite-sized
Turn your frying pan on low and let it heat up for a minute or two
Place 2-3 Tbsp. of coconut oil on the pan and place apple in the pan with it
Wait 30 seconds or 1 minute until you place the banana in pan (they don’t take as long to cook)
Make sure to flip the apples and banana over at least once
Sprinkle with cinnamon while fruit is in the pan.
For personalized guidance with your health, wellness and fun recipes I invite you to contact me today so we can schedule your complimentary consultation.